Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strutmasters Driver Timothy Peters Riding Momentum with New Team

ROXBORO, NC – You might think Strutmasters.com driver Timothy Peters would be ready for a break after five straight weekends of hard racing in NASCAR’s truck series. Instead, he can’t wait for the series to resume July 18th at Kentucky Speedway.

“I’m ready to get back behind the wheel of the Strutmasters.com Toyota right now,” said Peters, fresh off a seventh-place run at Memphis Motorsport Park on June 27. “There is nothing like momentum and Red Horse Racing has it right now. We’re running a little better every week and I really feel like I’m starting to gel with the team.”

It was the fourth top 10 run of the season for Providence, NC, native Peters, one of NASCAR’s biggest Cinderella stories of the season. “Last Christmas, I was wondering just how merry things would be for me,” Peters recalled. “Things were not coming together the way I wanted. I thought I might be done racing at this level.”

A few close friends and business owners in his adopted hometown of Danville, Va. pulled together and formed Premier Racing in January with a four-race sponsorship from Strutmasters, the leading experts in Lincoln air suspension parts and conversion kits. Peters made the most of the chance and was ninth in standings when Strutmasters.com extended sponsorship for the remainder of the season.

“It was a pretty incredible story if things stopped right there,” said Peters, a multi-time champion in NASCAR weekly Late Model competition. “But the story got even better.”

Red Horse Racing owner Tom DeLoach parted ways with truck series champion Johnny Benson on June 8 due to lack of sponsorship. Strutmasters owner Chip Lofton agreed to allow Peters to carry the Strutmasters.com banner to Red Horse Racing a couple of days later.

“I feel so good about the move over to Red Horse Racing,” said Peters. “Tom DeLoach and Chip Lofton have given me an awesome opportunity. I went from stressing about whether I was going to even get to the race to driving for a championship caliber team. I feel so incredibly blessed.”

Peters said he has made one sacrifice with the move to Red Horse Racing.
“The race shop of Premier Racing was five minutes from my house in Danville,” Peters said. “Now, I get up about 4:30 every morning and drive two hours to Mooresville, NC, where Red Horse Racing is based. My guys at the shop work so hard. I am willing to do whatever it takes to be right there with them. Besides, I’d go nuts just sitting at the house. Racing is my life. I want to be there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it with us...